Monday, October 15, 2007

Mobtown Monday News

Big, BIG weekend here in MOBTOWN!

Stitches East came and electrified the local knitting scene. I was lucky enough to be around for the majority of it on the market floor. There were a couple incidents where I fell down and my credit card jumped into the waiting hands of vendors (habu textiles, the bead ladies, the mill folks... and some yet to be reviewed fiber artists). The show was great and I hear the classes were wonderful. (Parking and maneuvering through the "Race for the Cure", the Baltimore Marathon and a Ravens game, not so much! Thank god the Orioles are not in the post-season.... oh how silly that sounds!)

All in all, mobtown was about the fiber. Shop till you drop fiber frenzy!

I have some announcements for you:

  • Where are my buttoneers?
    • anyone who would like to create some buttons for the Mobtown Review? Contest starts today and ends Sunday 10/21. Send your 100px x 100px graphic to me here and I will post them to the blog on Monday. Voting will open on Monday and a winner will be announced in the Woolen Wednesday Review on 10/23.
    • Guess what you win???? Yup, the button maker and one commenter will each win some fibery goodness. Get to designing folks!

  • Submissions are ROLLING in.
    • Can I tell you how beautiful the submission yarns are? I am very inspired! If you want to have your yarns reviewed you can look at submission guides here.

  • Junkies of the Week
    • The Junkie of the Week feature is an added bonus to our little review. (I know that I say "our" like there is a staff of 200 fiber-philes working with me!) Leave a Comment if you would like to be listed in the review sidebar. One Junkie will be chosen every week to be featured.

Wednesday is just 3 days away!!!

(I feel like singing that to the tune of "Tomorrow" and pretending to be a fiberlicious little orphan Annie. OK, I get how wrong that would be.)